Last Updated: August 6, 2021
Dyad Medical, Inc. (“Dyad Medical”, “we”, “us” or “our”) provides proprietary automated medical image analysis tools and related research resources (the “Services”), which it provides through its website at with www.dyadmed.com (our “Site”). This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use and disclose the information we collect about you when you interact with our Site and Services. This Privacy Notice also explains your choices and rights regarding your personal data.
Please carefully review this Privacy Notice and our Terms of Service. If you are uncomfortable with or do not agree with any part of this Privacy Notice or our Terms of Service, you should immediately discontinue use of our Site and Services.
- Personal Information We Collect and How We Use it.
“Personal information” means information that we can use to identify or contact you. In general, we collect personal information in the following ways:
- When you contact us through our Site, we collect your name, email address, and any other personal information you choose to provide us in the contents of your message. We use this information to respond to your message and the lawful basis for our processing of your information is that it is necessary to perform a service you have requested.
- When you register for or use the Services, we collect your name, company, email address, phone number, username, and password. We use this information to administer your secure access to the Portal and the lawful basis for our processing of your information is that it is necessary to perform a service you have requested.
- We may capture information about the device you use to access our Site, including the IP address, ID of the device, the type of operating system and browser you use, and information about the website you came from, the parts of our online service you access, the type of mobile device you use and the website you visit next to help us understand and analyze trends in connection with usage of the Site. The lawful basis for our processing is our legitimate business interest to better understand how our Site is being used, which is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies.
- Additional Ways We May Use Your Personal Information.
In addition to the primary purposes for which we use your personal information as described in Section 1, we may also use your personal information where applicable law allows us to as described below:
- To communicate with you about Dyad Medical and its service offerings, which we do based on our legitimate interests, namely, to provide you with information marketing our services. Please see Section 5 regarding your choices and right to opt out of Dyad Medical’s marketing messages.
- To meet our other compliance and regulatory duties, for example to retain certain records, because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Dyad Medical is subject.
We do not disclose your contact information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. Where permitted by applicable law, we may also use anonymous, de-identified, or aggregate information that does not reasonably identify you for any purpose.
No Sale of Personal Data for California and Nevada Residents
Dyad Medical does not sell your personal data under California or Nevada law, which defines certain disclosures of personal data for monetary or valuable consideration as “sales.”
- Who We Share Personal Information With.
In general, we only share your information as follows:
- Our Service Providers. We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, and security operations. All of our service providers and partners must agree to strict confidentiality obligations.
- For Corporate Transactions. We may transfer your information if we are involved in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control, including without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
- When Required by Law. This may include if we need to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, or similar legal process, or in response to lawful requests by public authorities.
- To Enforce Legal Rights. We may also share information to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, violation of our Terms or legal rights, or other wrongdoing.
- With Your Consent or at Your Request. We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties. In any such case, we will make it clear why we want to share the information.
We may use and share non-personal information (meaning information that, by itself, does not identify who you are such as device information, general demographics, general behavioral data, geolocation in de-identified form), as well as personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, under any of the above circumstances.
- Your Choices and Rights.
You have several choices regarding the use and disclosure of your information:
- Information You Provide. With respect to the collection of your information, if you do not want your information collected, please do not submit it to us. Ifyouhave already submitted information and would like to review, correct or remove it from our records, you can make these changes directly by editing your profile on our Site. If you have any questions or need our assistance to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact us.
- Marketing Messages. We may send you marketing communications, about our services that may interest you. You can opt out of our marketing communications at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link in the e-mail or contacting us. Please note that some non-marketing communications are not subject to general opt-out, such as communications relating to services we are providing you, sales transactions, software updates and other support related information, patches and fixes.
Rights for EEA Residents: If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following additional rights to:
- Be informed about the purposes of the processing of and the identity of any data controller that processes your information
- Find out if we use your personal information, to access your personal information, and receive copies of your personal information.
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time without penalty.
- Access your personal information and have it corrected or amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Obtain a transferable copy of some of your personal information which can be transferred to another provider.
- If you believe your personal information is inaccurate, unlawful, no longer necessary for our business purposes, or if you object to our processing of your personal information, you also have the right to instruct us to restrict the processing of your data pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim.
- At any time, to object to our processing of your personal information which we will comply with unless we demonstrate a compelling legitimate grounds for processing such that overrides your rights.
- Request your personal information be deleted or restricted under certain circumstances. For example, if Dyad Medical is using your personal information on the basis of your consent and has no other legal basis to use such, you may request your personal information be deleted when you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may need evidence of your identity. If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are processing your personal information in violation of the law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority (also known as Data Protection Authority) in your country.
- How We Safeguard Personal Information.
Dyad Medical is based in, and operates from, the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and choose to use our Site, please note that we will transfer your personal information to other regions, including to the United States. These countries may not guarantee the same level of protection for personal information and judicial redress as the country in which you reside. By submitting your personal information to us through our Site, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to any country in accordance with this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the appropriate safeguards Dyad Medical has in place to protect your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
We maintain industry standard administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. With that said, no method of data transmission online is completely secure and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
In general, we will only retain your information for the time necessary to realize our legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law. We may retain your information in order to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with our Site or to comply with legal obligations. We may also maintain residual copies of your personal information in our backup systems.
- Third-Party Websites.
- Updates to this Privacy Notice.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time and will post the most current version on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. In some cases, particularly when there are significant changes to applicable law or the nature of our personal information handling practices, you may be asked to agree again to our Privacy Notice or other terms, even if you have previously agreed earlier versions of these documents. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will become effective when posted unless we indicate otherwise.
- Contacting Dyad Medical.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Notice, or wish to exercise any of your rights under Section 4, please contact us at:Privacy Officer
Dyad Medical Inc.
215 Brighton Ave, Suite #203
Allston, Massachusetts 02134